Talks for Groups
Wycombe Museum staff offer a range of talks for groups on the following topics:
- Chairmaking in the Chilterns
- A Victorian Christmas
- A Tudor Christmas
- ‘Not All Over by Christmas?’ Festivities during World War 1
- Pancakes and Easter Eggs – Celebrating Easter and Spring
- A Brush with Art
- Literary Buckinghamshire
- Mysteries of Castle Hill House
- Behind the Scenes at Wycombe Museum
- More Than Just Chairs – A History of Wycombe Museum
- A History of Wycombe in 10 Objects.
All talks last for around 45 to 50 minutes with time for questions.
Talks can be given off-site, and some can be given as part of visit by groups at the museum or as guided tours of the site.
Charges for off-site talks
The price for all talks is £60, plus travel costs. Travel is charged in three bands:
- Band 1: £13, up to 15 mins/5 miles including High Wycombe, Loudwater, Marlow, Bourne End, Hazlemere, West Wycombe
- Band 2: £26, up to 30 mins/10 miles including Chesham, Amersham, Chalfonts, Great Missenden, Beaconsfield, Stokenchurch
- Band 3: Further distances calculated on an individual basis, based on distance and travel time
Some talks are not available on all days of the week or times of the day; please contact us at email@example.com or on 01494 957210 with information about what you require.